<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: DIY • Embroidered Canvas

The Pink Samurai

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

DIY • Embroidered Canvas

I saw these bitty canvases at the craft store the other day and picked them up because they were just so cute.  I haven't painted in years, but knew I could use them for something.  I mean, they're tiny canvases!  So, as I was stitching up my Easter embroidery patterns, it dawned on me that I could stitch on canvas, too!  Easy peasy.

Do it, to it!
SUPPLIES
DIRECTIONS
  • Trim regular printer paper, or whatever you have on hand, to two inches square.  Because these canvases are stretched, there's a half inch of frame all the way around the back, so the workable area is only 2 inches.
  • Draw your pattern onto the paper.
  • Center your paper on top of the canvas and poke holes along the pattern with your needle.  Be sure they're spaced relatively evenly.
  • These holes are what you'll be stitching into.
  • Backstitch into your holes.
  • Repeat this technique with any other shape and display them proudly.
The cool thing about this project is that you can use any design.  I just drew cats and hearts, because I'm me.  But you can use this technique to embroider letters to spell out names, or just make abstract patterns.  You could also make silhouettes of your favorite people or pets.  There's really no limit to what you can do!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:53 AM , Anonymous Rachel | The Crafted Life said...

Love these! I never even considered embroidering canvas before, so clever :)

 
At 8:51 PM , Blogger Ashley Calder said...

Really sweet!! Love that these are little mini sized pieces. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home